Darrell Lea has teamed up with Burger Project to launch an exciting scratch and win competition that will see 10 lucky people win the ultimate chocolate factory experience. For the month of July, customers will receive a scratch card with each burger purchase and an additional two scratch cards with every purchase of one of Burger Project’s new Smash-Up desserts, which have been created in conjunction with Darrell Lea. Customers must scratch off the surface of the card to reveal if they have won a prize, including chips, desserts and Darrell Lea confectionary. There are also 10 major prizes to be found: one in each Burger Project store.
Major prize winners will each receive a trip for two people to a Darrell Lea chocolate factory (in Sydney or Melbourne) where they will see Darrell Lea goodies being made plus get the opportunity to create their own Rocklea Road chocolate slab! The Brisbane winner will also receive flights and one night’s accommodation to attend a Sydney factory tour.
In May this year Burger Project launched a range of delicious Darrell Lea “Smash Up” desserts at $5 each. These desserts use Burger Project’s creamy, house churned soft serve ice cream and smash, mash and spike it with a range of Darrell Lea goodies to create a range of six sensational sweet treats. Some of, these smashing desserts include Liquorice & Chocolate, which combines chocolate soft serve with Darrell Lea liquorice, chocolate biscuit and Burger Project’s version of Ice Magic chocolate shell; Coconut Caramel, which mixes vanilla soft serve with Darrell Lea Coconut Roughs, malt biscuit and salted caramel sauce; and Choc Orange, an indulgent mix of chocolate soft serve, Darrell Lea BB’s Orange Chocolate Balls, marmalade, and Burger Project’s chocolate shell. Mint Choc, Rocky Road and classic strawberry meringue variations are also available.
Be sure to get into a Burger Project store in July for your chance to win!
TERMS + CONDITIONS
The Promoter is BURGER PROJECT AUSTRALIA PTY. LIMITED (ABN 83 600 128 738).
This promotion is run in association with Darrell Lea Confectionery Co Pty Ltd, (ABN 27 159 928 382) of 3 Brooks Road, Ingleburn, NSW 2565. Contact 02 9933 3300.
PART A - INTRODUCTION
1. Information on how to enter and Prize details form part of these terms and conditions.
2. By participating in the Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
PART B - PRIZE DETAILS
Major Instant Win Prize
1) A Factory tour for one (1) winner and a friend to take place on one (1) of the dates indicated below.
- The winner may choose one of the following dates to attend the tour
- Friday 6th September 2019
- Thursday 12th September 2019
- Friday 13th September 2019
- The promoter requires a minimum number of participants for the tour and workshop to proceed. If the minimum numbers are not achieved, the promoter has the right to cancel the tour. In the case of cancellation your booking will be rescheduled.
2) Tour location will be dictated by the state indicated on the scratch and win card.
- Sydney store winners are to attend the Darrell Lea factory at Ingleburn (3 Brooks Rd, Ingleburn NSW)
- Travel costs not included
- Melbourne store winners are to attend the Darrell Lea factory at Rowville (883 Wellington Rd, Rowville VIC)
- Travel costs not included
- Brisbane store winners are to attend the Darrell Lea factory at Ingleburn (3 Brooks Rd, Ingleburn NSW).
- Travel costs for the winner of the Brisbane based store will be covered for the winner and a friend.
- Airfares, accommodation and transfers up to the value of $1000 will be covered
- Any additional costs will need to be covered by the winner
- Travel dates will be dictated by the Promoter. The winner can choose one (1) out of the three (3) dates offered (as per (1a) )
- Individuals are responsible for their own travel insurance.
3) Total of ten (10) factory tour + workshop experiences to be won. One (1) major prize winner per store (as per the below).
- Burger Project World Square, Sydney
- Burger Project Broadway, Sydney
- Burger Project Bondi, Sydney
- Burger Project Gateway, Sydney
- Burger Project MLC, Sydney
- Burger Project Black Label, Sydney
- Burger Project Bourke St, Melbourne
- Burger Project St Collins, Melbourne
- Burger Project Chadstone, Melbourne
- Burger Project Edward St, Brisbane
4) This prize is not exchangeable for cash or other products.
5) Tour location cannot vary from what is stated on the winning scratch card
Minor Instant Win Prizes
1) The instant win prizes for the Promotion are:
2) Total instant win prize pool value equals $39, 600.00
3) Instant win prizes are only redeemable at the store of purchase where scratch card was received (store location indicated on the scratch card). Proof of purchase may be requested.
4) The instant win prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
5) If an instant win prize is unavailable for any reason the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the instant win prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
PART C - HOW TO ENTER
In order to be eligible to take part in the Promotion, an Entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
1) Make a valid purchase of one (1) or more Eligible Products in a participating Burger Project store. One (1) scratch card will be given for every valid purchase of one (1) eligible product*.
2) In the same transaction, make a valid purchase of one (1) Burger Project Dessert to receive an additional scratch card. For example, if an Entrant has purchased three (3) Eligible Products and one (1) or more Burger Project dessert in the same transaction they will receive four (4) scratch cards.
- A purchase is only valid if:
- Entrants receive a proof of purchase receipt for their purchase of an Eligible Product; and
- pay for the Eligible product in full**.
*An "Eligible Product" is any burger at Burger Project.
**Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
3) Upon payment of the Eligible Product(s), Entrants will be handed the scratch card(s) by a member of Participating Store staff, whilst stocks of scratch cards last at that Participating Store. In the event the scratch card(s) is not automatically handed to them, it is the Entrant's responsibility to request them at time and place of sale. Any requests for a scratch card made at a later date will not be accepted.
4) Entrants must scratch their scratch card(s) to reveal whether or not they have won either a major or minor instant win prize. There will be one (1) scratch panel on each scratch card.
PART D – PRIZE COLLECTION
1) Winners of a minor instant win prize must present their winning scratch card to the participating store indicated on the card to redeem their prize.
- Minor instant prizes must be redeemed before 30th September 2019. If not redeemed prior to this date then the winner forfeits the prize.
2) Winners of a major instant win prize must contact the Darrell Lea customer service team, as per the instruction on the scratch and win card, in order to redeem their prize.
- Upon contact from the winner (via either phone or email), the Darrell Lea representative will provide each winner with instructions on how to claim their Prize. It is the responsibility of each winner to comply with the Promoter’s instructions.
- If the winner fails to contact the Darrell Lea customer service team by the 24th August 2019, they will forfeit their prize.
- The winner must provide the promoter with proof of purchase, the winning scratch card and the unique winner’s code on the scratch card in order to be eligible for prize redemption.
3) Entrants must retain either their original OR a copy of their proof of purchase receipt(s) for all entries in the Promotion. Failure to produce the proof of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an Entrant's entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Proof of purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the Participating Store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period.
4) The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept entries which are incomplete, indecipherable, offensive, do not comply with these terms and conditions or which contravene any applicable laws or regulations.
5) The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who has breached any of these terms and conditions, has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct or otherwise acts to cheat or undermine the fairness of the Competition by, for example, tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage over other entrants. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6) Printing and other quality-control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Instant-win game materials are void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
7) The eligibility of entries is solely within the discretion of the Promoter.
8) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries or other communications.
Unclaimed prizes are forfeited after the redemption period (i.e. on or before the 24th August 2019).
- For any left over scratch cards that are not awarded during the promotional period, the promoter will ensure the cards are destroyed and any prizes that are associated with the left over cards will be dishonoured.
PART D - PROMOTION PERIOD
The Promotion will commence on at 9am (AEST) on the 1st July 2019 and will close at 12am on the 31st July 2019.
PART E - ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
This promotion is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older, or Australian residents under 18 who have a parent/guardian’s permission to enter.
Employees (and their Immediate Families) of the Promoter or any company associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
This competition is open only to Australian residents.
PART G - NOTIFICATION
- Major prize: It is the responsibility of the major prize winner(s) to follow the instructions on the scratch and win card and contact the Darrell Lea customer service team to redeem their prize.
- Minor prize: it is the responsibility of the minor prize winner(s) to notify their participating store of their win and present their winning scratch card.
- The Promoter will provide the winner with instructions on how to claim their Prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to comply with the Promoter’s instructions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provide proof of their identity and/or proof that they were responsible for the winning entry.
- The winner agrees to participate and cooperate, as required, in all publicity activities relating to the Competition. The winner authorises the Promoter to use such content for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to notify the Promoter of any change to their contact details.
PART H - TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Competition at any time without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws
PART I - PRIVACY
The Promoter will collect and use each entrant’s personal information for the purposes of:
(a) conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition) and for promotional purposes, public statements and advertisements in relation to the Competition;
(b) providing information about the products and services offered by the Promoter and its related companies and its affiliated retailers; and
(c) research to improve its products and services.
By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the use of their personal information as described above.
PART J – LIABILITY
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the prizes once the winner has collected them.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, late, damaged or illegible receipts.
The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss), or for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or as a result of taking or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. Entrants acknowledge that: (a) any information they provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook; and (b) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook; and (c) entrants release Facebook and their associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion and use or publication of the image.